About Autism Gifts UK
We are a non-profit, social enterprise organisation supported by Specialist Autism Services. We started in September 2016 in response to a lack of meaningful opportunities for adults with autism to gain employment experience and permanent job roles. By selling great gifts we hope to continue to grow so that we can offer as much choice to our customers and the best provision for the individuals that we support. Our overall focus is on continuing to provide the best experience and service we can to our customers.
- We use 100% of our profits to fund support for adults with autism. This is in both the development of Autism Gifts UK and through Specialist Autism Services, where we provide lots of types of direct support across Yorkshire
- As we grow we will provide more and more work experience opportunities for adults with autism in different roles across Autism Gifts UK
- We plan to develop Autism Gifts UK in the near future to support individuals with autism who are self employed
- Each time you shop with us you are directly supporting meaningful employment opportunities for adults with autism
- Every purchase helps us to continue to provide much needed support for adults with autism across Yorkshire
What specifically do we use the money for?
As said above we will use 100% of our profits to improve the lives of adults with autism across Yorkshire. We will invest this money where is it needed most, in one of the following areas:
- We may reinvest profits in the growth of Autism Gifts UK, allowing us to develop the social enterprise. By doing this we can provide more and more supported work experience opportunities for individuals with autism and support the self-employment of others
- We may use some of our profits to fund the support of adults with autism. This will be done within either our existing support provision or through new projects. Specialist Autism Services currently provides a daily social skills learning programme (in group workshop format), a social skills evening programme, community outreach support, autism-specific counselling, employment support and through Autism First, personalised support for individuals with autism and more complex needs
What is a social enterprise?
A social enterprise is a not for profit organisation that benefits society. They make money from selling goods and services but they reinvest their profits back into the business or local community – so when they profit, society profits.